Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants Manager
- A varied role with plenty of professional challenge & interest
- Opportunity to have a meaningful, direct impact through your work
- Enjoy the incredible Taranaki coastline & mountain environment
If you naturally relate to people of all backgrounds and enjoy getting involved in a wide range of activities, from motivating your team to communicating with the public, to technical troubleshooting and driving continuous improvement, then this position could be a good fit.
This is a key leadership position with the critical responsibilities of delivering safe drinking water and ensuring the community’s wastewater does not degrade the environment.
- Lead and support the operation of the district’s water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Provide direction and support, and motivate and enable the water treatment, wastewater treatment and mechanical maintenance teams to perform at their best, working closely with the Team Leaders.
- Drive continuous improvement with excellent management systems, operating procedures, and training in place. Ensure critical health and safety, hazard identification, quality assurance, legislative compliance processes are followed.
- Provide technical direction and oversight for the efficient production of drinking water and treatment of wastewater, bringing in technical expertise as required. This includes technical troubleshooting and responding to unexpected events.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders including iwi, landowners, the public, regulatory authorities, tradewaste customers.
- Negotiate commercial terms and administer contracts with contractors and suppliers.
- Tertiary qualification in science or engineering.
- 7+ years’ related experience including leading teams in the fields of water supply, wastewater treatment, environmental analysis or engineering.
- Excellent people skills and leadership ability.
- A strong focus on quality and delivery.
At New Plymouth District Council, we know that having a fantastic culture is vital to serving our community and to creating our vision to Build a Lifestyle Capital. Our values centre around working together, respecting each other, achieving wellness and making a difference. This includes flexible work practices.
If you’re new to New Plymouth and Taranaki, you’ll find life is easy here … you can walk or cycle to work, houses are affordable, we have an awesome coastline and mountain on our doorstep, plus plenty of cafes, restaurants, events.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831. Applications close 8 August 2021. We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.