Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Wastewater Engineer | Network Planning & Project Engineering focus
- An opportunity to shape the district you live in
- Strategic planning of wastewater & stormwater networks
- Enjoy the unique mix of coastal, mountain & urban lifestyle that New Plymouth offers
New Plymouth District Council’s vision is to build a lifestyle capital by putting people first, caring for our place and supporting a prosperous community. Key to achieving this vision is having well-functioning infrastructure that meets the current and future requirements of the district. That’s where you come in! We’re looking for an experienced Engineer to lead the planning of our long-term wastewater and stormwater infrastructure.
- Prepare strategic plans for the long-term development of wastewater and stormwater infrastructure that aligns with the direction set in the District Plan.
- Manage the delivery of infrastructure planning and improvement projects including network models, planning for growth areas, inflow & infiltration reduction programmes.
- Work closely with the operations and district planning teams and the community, including iwi, to identify and prioritise infrastructure development projects and to develop business cases for funding.
- Act as translator between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Degree qualified in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field with 7+ years of relevant experience .
- A technical understanding of 3-Waters infrastructure, with a preference for wastewater reticulation … able to ask the right questions!
- Able to lead technical delivery and manage project teams and consultants.
- Enjoy working with others and have excellent communication skills, including a knack for communicating technical concepts in plain English.
- Familiarity with hydraulic modelling, particularly with InfoWorks ICM and waterRIDE is beneficial.
- The region’s dynamic surf, multitude of parks and gardens, iconic walkways, major events calendar and mountain playground make Taranaki the place to live!
- Join a forward-thinking Council that’s leading the way with its integrated infrastructure planning.
- Opportunity to have a meaningful, direct impact through your work.
If you bring relevant experience and would enjoy the challenge of this role, we’d like to hear from you.
Applications close 8th December 2019.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: KTAJ945308
Location: Taranaki, New Plymouth
Closing Date: Applications close 8 December 2019