Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader | Storm & Waste Water Reticulation
- Enjoy the coastal environment of Gisborne on the East Coast of New Zealand
- Step into a varied engineering management role
- Mix of project & stakeholder management plus operational & team leadership
At Gisborne District Council we’re committed to ensuring Tairāwhiti (Gisborne District) is the first choice for people and lifestyle, and for environment, economy and culture. We’re on the lookout for an experienced Civil Engineer with emerging leadership skills to lead the management of our district’s storm and waste water networks. If you’re after a lifestyle change and enjoy a coastal environment but don’t want to take a step back in your career to achieve that lifestyle, this position may be right for you.
Success in this position will be measured by effective management and operation of the district’s storm and waste water networks. This includes delivering DrainWise, our ambitious wastewater discharges reduction programme, and ensuring Integrated Catchment Management Plans are in place by 2025.
- Deliver the waste water discharges reduction program, DrainWise, as the designated Project Manager.
- Lead the storm/waste water team (currently 5 staff) to be a highly motivated and well performing team.
- Procure services and oversee the delivery and performance of contractors and consultants. This includes ensuring the storm/waste water network is being well operated and maintained by the Council’s maintenance contractor(s).
- Contribute to long term asset management and infrastructure planning, drawing on your understanding of the network performance and condition, and future requirements.
- Improve the environmental performance of our storm and waste water networks, particularly in relation to impacts on freshwater quality. This includes the development of Integrated Catchment Management Plans.
- Degree or diploma qualification in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in civil, water, wastewater engineering.
- Have the technical knowledge and analytical skills to resolve complex issues requiring integrated solutions for storm and waste water activity.
- Emerging engineering management skills including team leadership, project and contract management, stakeholder liaison.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with ratepayers, communities, contractors, consultants, and internally within Council. Includes the ability to negotiate and achieve issue resolution.
Gisborne, known as "Tairāwhiti" (the light shines on the water) is a lifestyle location on the east coast of New Zealand with a population of 45,000, stunning beaches, great weather and world class wines.
Click ‘Apply Now’ or contact Lisa Hulley on 09 283 9568 to discuss the position in confidence.
Gisborne District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to assist in the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
P. 09 283 9568; M. 027 6888 8831; E. email@example.com; W. www.peakrecruitment.co.nz
Permanent Full Time
Job no: DYAH944011
Location: Gisborne, Gisborne
Closing Date: Friday, 24 May 2019