Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader Planning
- Coach, mentor and develop a high performing team
- Make your mark on the future development of a growing city
- Career development and flexible working practices
Whanganui is a bustling and thriving community that is united, connected, creative, environmentally and culturally rich, and economically prosperous. We are comfortable with being a ‘bit different’ and not following the pack because this sets the scene for the types of innovative approaches that we will continue to front-foot. As the Team Leader Planning, your technical skills will be sound in terms of regulatory and legislative consents processes. But your passion will be coaching, mentoring, and developing people. Are you ready to join a team of professionals who are positive and excited about the growth of their region?
- Provide advice on consent applications made to Whanganui District Council.
- Preparation of reports and other documentation and presenting to committees and hearings as required.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and communications with consent applicants and stakeholders, attending meetings and visiting sites as needed.
- Take on some of the more complex consent applications, mentor and support others in the team.
- Manage the day-to-day workload and develop the technical capability within the consents team.
- Experience leading teams or ready to step into a Team Lead role.
- Value and contribute to teamwork and a positive work environment.
- A tertiary qualification in Planning or Resource Management and eligible for membership of NZPI.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and ideally have experience in a similar role in a local government or consulting environment.
- Excellent communication skills – can explain complex information simply and build credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
This is a full-time permanent position with an indicative pay range of $98,000 to $116,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience.
Click Apply Now or to find out more, contact Fiona Clarke on 027 688 8837.
Applications Close on 6 February 2023. We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.Your application will be received in confidence.
Whanganui District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.