Team Leader Environmental Health
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to lead the Environmental Health section within our Environmental Services and Protection Hub. This role will involve management of Councils food safety, alcohol licensing, health premises housing/building, water supply, sewage treatment, nuisance control and other healthy living condition functions.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- BSc (Environmental Health) or National Diploma in Environmental Health or RSH Diploma in Public Health Inspection NZ and five years’ post-qualification experience as an Environmental Health Officer or working in a similar or relatable role in local government, central government or environmental health industry; OR five years’ post-qualification experience in compliance enforcement and/or food industry auditing professional.
- an understanding of legislation - (Local Government Act, Public Health Act, bylaw etc.)
- adaptable to change and be able to exhibit versatility
- the ability to read and interpret plans, diagrams, bylaws and regulations
- high level of inter-personal skills, excellent communication
- analytical and problem solving skills with ability to provide acceptable negotiations, solutions and options
- ability to team lead, to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- a current full driver’s licence
We can offer you unique and varied work, a brand new collaborative and modern work space and a great lifestyle living in sunny Gisborne. If this sounds like you and could see yourself contributing to our community, we would love to hear from you!
For further information please contact Judith Robertson.
Applications Close: 10am, Thursday 8th November 2018
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz
PO Box 747 Gisborne 4040 | PHONE 06 867 2049
Permanent Full Time
Job no: TG30493
Location: Gisborne, Gisborne
Closing Date: 10am, Thursday 8th November 2018