Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader 3 Waters Operations Planning
- Permanent, Full Time
- Inclusive work culture
- Beautiful Napier location
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
Leading the 3 Waters Operations Planning team, this is an interesting role with the day-to-day management of the three waters operational planning function and leadership of the operations planning team including strategic direction setting for the team in accordance with Council's policy, relevant legislation and community needs.
What the role includes:
- Regular Communication with the 3 Water Strategic Planning, Drinking Water Quality Lead, Commissioning Engineer and 3 Water Programme teams on operations and risk of the 3 Waters networks
- Working closely with the City Services team to deliver improvements, highlight highest risk assets and to manage operational incidents.
- Commissioning of new assets and potentially commissioning already operational sites with associated documentation
- Ensuring Functional Descriptions and P&IDs are developed and maintained for all 3 Water facilities.
- Provide contract management of key contracts such as the electrical contract
- Working with the Strategic Planning team and City Services teams to deliver operations and maintenance plans
- Relevant tertiary qualification - ie Bachelor of Engineering or similar
- Extensive experience in a engineering role in the water industry
- Experience in the operation of 3 W services
- Team management and leadership skills
- High level of computer literacy especially with Microsoft
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
Applications for this role will close at the end of April, if you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement early when we have found the right person.