Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Lead Planning, Consenting / Kaiurungi Whakawhanake Whenua
We have an exciting career opportunity within the Planning & Development Solutions team for a high performing individual.
This is more than just your average planning role! Do you want to make decisions? Come and join a great team that are working on some exciting consents within a growing District. Rotorua is a District on the move.
As the Team Lead your focus will be to lead the Planning, Consenting team, make decisions, mentor staff and provide technical leadership for the resource management (consenting) activities across the organisation.
- As our ideal candidate you will have a relevant tertiary qualification in Resource Planning or a similar field. You will also need knowledge and understanding of local government statutory requirements and a working knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991, and the Local Government Act.
- You will be an experienced people leader who by working collaboratively knows how to develop, grow and guide a team to get the best out of them.
- Someone who is able to facilitate, mediate, negotiate, and resolve disputes to provide an exceptional customer service for both internal and external customers.
- You will be a strong and effective communicator able to develop and maintain relationships ensuring active Council, iwi, community and stakeholder engagement.
- You will work closely with the Team Lead RMA Policy and the Manager of Planning & Development to enable collaboration on planning matters, to provide hands on experience with implementing the District Plan and to allocate resources to keep in sync with the demands of our community.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity to join a high performing team of dynamic, results-focused individuals.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for then check out the Position Description and send us your application now.
Applications close 8:00pm Sunday, 24th January 2021