Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Strategic Planning Manager
Gisborne District Council is working together with our communities to make our aspirations happen. Tairawhiti is the first place to see the light and we’re working to transform our region to be the first choice for people and lifestyle, the first place for environment, economy and culture.
The Tairawhiti region is undergoing transformation. Our population and economy is growing, which is bringing interesting and diverse new challenges to our organisation and the Strategic Planning Team.
About the Strategic Planning Manager role:
In this important senior role you will report to the Director of Transformation and Relationships. You will lead a talented team that delivers on our planning work programme which includes the Long Term Plan, Annual Plan, Regional Land Transport Plans, Reserve Management Plans, and Resource & Asset Management Plans amongst others. As a leader, you will help Council reach its strategic objectives to become a customer-centric organisation that supports its unique community. You will also promote excellent relationships with iwi to deliver on our statutory responsibilities and our Piritahi vision of working together to make our people proud.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree level qualification in Commerce, Economics, Public Policy, Resource Planning or relevant discipline.
- Significant experience in strategic planning, public policy development, research and analysis.
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills, particularly for report writing and public speaking.
- Ability to build relationships with tangata whenua, and communities.
- An understanding of Local Government processes, functions and legislations is an advantage.
- Strong local knowledge of the Tairawhiti region and experience working with Maori communities.
In return, we offer you an engaging and rare career opportunity in a forward thinking, contemporary workplace. Our climate, lifestyle and environment has put the Tairawhiti region on the map and we look forward to meeting candidates who are committed to providing excellent service and quality outcomes to the Tairawhiti Region.
Please visit our website or contact Keita Kohere for further information.
Applications Close: 10am, Wednesday 9th October 2019
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz
PO Box 747 Gisborne 4040 | PHONE 06 867 2049
Permanent Full Time
Job no: TAQ010013
Closing Date: Applications close 9 October 2019