Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Strategic Planner (Senior or Intermediate)
- Make a difference in the lives of the people in our communities now and into the future;
- Support the development of sustainable communities in fast-growing areas, where the opportunities to influence their future is endless;
- Ngaruawahia based, but working across our district; we operate a flexible working culture within our organization - the district is our office.
We have an opportunity for two Strategic planners (senior or intermediate level) to join our planning and policy team within the Community Growth Group. We are experiencing huge growth, so we need people who choose to make a difference, are innovative, and want to be part of our journey.
If you're a self-starter that is looking for a varied and challenging opportunity for your next career move, then we are looking for your application.
As a Strategic Planner, you will help implement the Council's Guiding Strategies such as the Growth and Economic Development Strategy, district-wide blueprint, local area blueprints, and sub-regional strategies. As a key influencer, this position has the opportunity to shape our future and ultimately deliver our vision of building "Liveable, thriving and connected communities". Our success is dependant on having great people who understand how their work impacts the lives of everyday people.
We advocate for step changes in urban design and form, urban mobility, and climate change, and strive to embed these in policy, investment, design, and operational decisions.
This is an exciting time for our Council, we're on an incredible journey as our district transforms with growth expected in all of our townships. We need the best people to join our team and contribute to our success!
Who you are and what you bring:
- Minimum of three years (or five years for the senior role) experience in large scale urban development planning roles in the housing, industrial, commercial, or retail property sectors, including experience in development and delivery of spatial plans, significant statutory consents, and plan changes; or relevant experience in local government or public sector
- An understanding of the RMA and Council processes and regulatory/financial infrastructure requirements linked to spatial planning and development.
- Can build and maintain strong relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Experience across central and local government and with community-based organizations
- Tertiary degree in planning, or a similar development-related topic
To apply for this job, please go online to www.joinourteam.co.nz and enter the job code 15955GJ.
Applications Close Date: Sunday, 27 June at 11:55pm.