Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Strategic Community Property Adviser
- Make your mark within our community
- Apply your creativity, problem solving and lateral thinking skills
As our Strategic Community Property Adviser, you'll plan, prepare and co-ordinate the implementation of Community Property Strategies and programmes of work to benefit the Manawatu Community and give effect to Council's vision for the Manawatu District. We're a medium-sized Council with big heart, and we're ambitious for our community.
Reporting to the Community Facilities Manager, this role is a senior member of our dedicated community facilities team and will be responsible for providing strategic property advice to key staff, including General Managers, the Chief Executive and Council.
You'll need to bring these with you:
- Demonstrable skill and experience in strategic and operational property management and development including acquisitions and disposals
- An understanding of how strategy assists decision-making and helps focus and prioritise activities
- A sound understanding of good practice property asset management processes and the relevant local government legislative framework
- A familiarity with council planning and decision making processes including community engagement
- The skills to manage multiple projects, working across our organisation and with our community
- A practical approach and a sense of humour
Here at MDC, we're committed to doing right by our community. Our governance team (our Mayor and Councillors) are dedicated and enthusiastic, and we work collaboratively in the best interests of the Manawatu.
At MDC, you'll find supportive colleagues, flexibility, professional development opportunities, a genuinely family friendly work environment.
To apply for this job go to: http://mdccareers.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5439119. Applications close 26 April 2021