Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Help manage the maintenance of our city's sports fields
- Bring your turf management and maintenance experience
- Exciting time to join - Wellington is hosting the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup
As a great harbour capital city, Wellington City Council has established a vision for Wellington as 'an inclusive, sustainable and creative capital for people to live, work and play'. The future of Wellington is compact, inclusive and connected, greener, resilient, vibrant and prosperous.
The Parks Operations team provide a critical customer facing support service, ensuring the city's residents and visitors enjoy a well-managed and maintained environment.
Our team of Sportsfield Technicians manage the maintenance of natural surfaces for a mixed level of sporting codes within Wellington City. This role will also be assigned to work in the areas of premier Sandfields, artificial/synthetic surfaces and fine turf surfaces.
We're looking for someone with a turf management background and ideally someone who has experience with cricket grounds, but this isn't essential. If you have a roller licence though, even better! You will either already have or be working towards your level 3 or 4 qualification in Sports Turf Management. Join our high performing team and assist with all aspects of maintenance on Wellington City Council sports fields - we manage over 50 premier sports fields, some of which the FIFA Women's World Cup teams will be training on in 2023, as well as Mornington Golf Course.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and someone who is prepared to work as part of a team. We can provide you with opportunities to further build on your turf management qualifications or gain other relevant experience and licences (e.g. GrowSafe, class 2, WTR).
You will have the following:
- Turf management and maintenance experience
- Ride on mower and tractor driving experience and training
- Fertiliser and pesticide application experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster good stakeholder relationships through consultation and partnership
- Self-motivation skills and be able to work as part of a team and to deadlines
- The ability to prioritise, working to programmed maintenance schedules and within timeframes
- The ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, taking pride in your own work
- Health and safety awareness
We are looking to appoint between $52,813 and $62,132 per annum, dependant on skills and experience.
This position is Monday to Friday 40 hours per week, overtime as required. Your base location will be our Newtown depot. Because this is a safety sensitive role, all the shortlisted candidates will have to pass muscular skeletal checks and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Please note that all the kaimahi in this team will be subject to random testing as well.
If this sounds like you, apply online now with your cover letter and CV.
For more information contact Gus Anderson, Team Manager Sportsfields on 021 2278210 or email@example.com
Applications close on Thursday, 2 February 2023.