Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Transportation Planner / Engineer
- An opportunity to shape the district you live in
- Strategic planning of the multi-modal transport network
- Enjoy the unique mix of coastal, mountain & urban lifestyle that New Plymouth offers
Join a forward-thinking Council that’s leading the way with its integrated infrastructure planning, and have a meaningful, direct impact through your work.
New Plymouth District Council’s vision is to build a lifestyle capital by putting people first, caring for our place and supporting a prosperous community. Key to achieving this vision is having a well-functioning multi-modal transport network that meets the current and future requirements of the district. That’s where you come in! We’re looking for an experienced Transportation Planner or Transportation Engineer to lead the planning of our long-term transport infrastructure.
- Prepare strategic plans for the long-term development of transport infrastructure that aligns with the direction set in the District Plan.
- Manage the delivery of transportation planning and improvement projects including network models, urban transport and streetscape strategies, and planning for growth areas.
- Work closely with the operations and district planning teams and the community, including iwi, to identify and prioritise infrastructure development projects and to develop business cases for funding.
- Evaluate the impacts of new developments and provide feedback and recommendations.
- Act as translator between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning or a related field (eg., Geography, Urban Planning)
- 7+ years of relevant experience that ideally includes strategic transport modelling, multi-modal planning, development planning, business case development, project engineering/management.
- An innovative, strategic and integrative thinker and decision maker.
If you bring relevant experience and would enjoy the challenge of this role, we’d like to hear from you.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment
Permanent Full Time
Job no: AGAM045475
Location: Taranaki, New Plymouth
Closing Date: Applications close 26 January 2020