Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Transportation Planner / Engineer
New Plymouth District Council’s vision is to build a lifestyle capital by putting people first, caring for our place and supporting a prosperous community. Key to achieving this vision is having a well-functioning multi-modal transport network that meets the current and future requirements of the district. That’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an experienced Transportation Engineer or Transportation Planner to lead the planning of our long-term transport infrastructure. You’ll work closely with our district planning and operations teams and the community including iwi, to ensure we invest in the right things at the right time.
- Prepare strategic plans for the long-term development of transport infrastructure that integrates with the direction set by the District Plan.
- Manage the delivery of transportation planning projects including network models, urban transport and streetscape strategies, and planning for growth areas.
- Provide expert input to asset management plans and infrastructure programmes. Includes project identification and prioritisation, and business case preparation.
- Evaluate the impacts of new developments and provide feedback and recommendations.
- Degree-qualified in Civil/Transportation Engineering or a related field. A post-graduate qualification in Transportation Planning/Engineering will be highly regarded.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience in Transportation Engineering or Planning.
- An innovative, strategic and integrative thinker and decision maker.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Able to lead delivery and manage project teams and consultants.
- The region’s dynamic surf, multitude of parks and gardens, iconic walkways, major events calendar and mountain playground make Taranaki the place to live!
- Join a forward-thinking Council that’s already leading the way with its cycle and walkways, and integrated infrastructure planning for the future.
- Opportunity to have a meaningful, direct impact through your work.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment
Permanent Full Time
Job no: DZFI944049
Location: Taranaki, New Plymouth
Closing Date: Thursday, 30 May 2019