Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
E te tini, e te rahi – aro mai ki tēnei kaupapa
Are you looking for an opportunity to join your local Council serving the Masterton community?
We’re looking for a Resource Planner or Senior Resource Planner to join our small, busy Planning team.
Day to day you will be responsible for administering the Wairarapa Combined District Plan, processing resource consent applications and working with our community to support the sustainable development of our district.
Your work will be done within relevant legislation, timeframes and delegated authorities, with a focus on providing high quality advice and support to Council staff, customers and other stakeholders.
Applicants at a senior level would have the opportunity to mentor and support the development of others.
So, what’s different about us?
- We’re about to commence a review of our District Plan which could provide new opportunities for developing your planning skills and experience.
- We have the flexibility to structure the role as either a full or part time position to best meet your preferences.
- You’d get the chance to work in one of New Zealand’s most beautiful districts – and we’re just over an hour from the capital city.
It’s our aspiration to be the best provincial Council in New Zealand. To achieve that we need the right people on board - attitudes and behaviours are just as important to us. We need someone who can demonstrate an ability to get things done, keep promises around service delivery and timelines, manage expectations and use a common-sense approach.
To be successful, you will bring to this role:
- A tertiary qualification in planning or resource management
- Knowledge and understanding of RMA and LGA legislation
- Excellent understanding of planning principles, tools and public policy
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, consultation, and negotiation skills
- A full NZ motor vehicle licence (current)
If you have a passion for people and planning and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
You can contact Vicki McLachlan, Human Resources Manager, for a confidential chat on 06 370 6267.
To apply for the role please send us your application (CV and covering letter) specifically addressing your fit to the competencies we are looking for to email@example.com
Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time
Job no: BMAF045762
Location: Wellington, Masterton
Closing Date: Applications close 5pm Friday 28 February 2020