Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Regional Monitoring and Compliance Officer
Gisborne District Council are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our Monitoring and Compliance Team to monitor and enforce compliance with environmental regulations and conditions as set out under the Resource Management Act and in accordance with Council operating procedures. This role is responsible for implementing Regional plans, working to raise public awareness of Council’s roles and responsibilities, providing specialist advice to the public and consent holders. This includes assisting with ensuring that the processes and procedures are followed and up to date with changing legislation, planning documents and best practice.
Ultimately we are about delivering on our vision of Piritahi Tairāwhiti – making our people proud.
Up for the challenge? Great! – you’ll need to have:
- An appropriate tertiary degree in Science, Law, Resource Management, Agriculture or Forestry.
- At least 5 years resource management or compliance experience.
- Sound knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA 1991) and compliance procedures.
- Effective dispute and conflict mediation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain working relationships.
- Full NZ Driver's Licence – free of driving suspensions or convictions.
- A basic knowledge of working in partnership with tangata whenua or at least a willingness to learn.
For further information please contact Kate Sykes.
Still reading? Then apply as soon as possible – we’re looking to move quickly on this. Please submit your CV and cover letter by following the link.
Applications close by 10am, Wednesday 19 May 2021.
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz
PO Box 747 Gisborne 4040 | PHONE 06 867 2049