Senior Policy Planner Transport
We're building the world’s newest city and are looking for a Senior Policy Planner - Transport, to join our in-house team of multidisciplinary experts.
In the Strategic Transport Team we are proud of our role in leading the evolution of the transport system for Christchurch. Delivering beneficial outcomes for the community, and ensuring the city's readiness to respond to current and future transport needs. This role will work closely with all stakeholders both internal and external to plan, advise, implement and deliver world class transport outcomes, and future proofed planning to the people of Christchurch.
What will you do?
- You will use your planning skills to develop, advocate, analyse and monitor transport planning and policy
- Work collaboratively with external partner organisations, and internal stakeholders
- Actively engage with relevant academic institutions, and stay abreast of international trends, technology and research to ensure innovation is actively incorporated.
- Provide technical leadership across the orgnisation
- Report and advise both council committees and community stakeholders on transportation related issues and solutions
Who are you?
- You are experienced in transport planning and policy development, with a relevant qualification
- You are passionate about your work making a real difference, and working to seek innovative solutions
- As an outcomes focused person you 'think outside the box' to develop technical options, considering future needs, and technologies
- You enjoy proactively identifying challenges, and can effectively manage relationships in a political environment
- You are passionate about the changing face of transport across all modes, and seek to use this passion to drive the future state of Christchurch's transport network
What is in it for you?
If you are a policy planner driven to make a difference; assess, identify and solve problems; and influence others then this is the role for you! We believe in mentoring and the ongoing development of our team and you will join an organisation that matches competitive salary, with true work-life balance.
If you are interested in joining the team helping to make travel in Christchurch better today and in the future we would love to hear from you!
The Christchurch City Council is working exclusively with Hudson regarding the recruitment of this role. Click on 'Apply Now' at the bottom of the page or for further information contact Ben Lee on 03 977 8503.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: CJAK841701
Location: Christchurch City
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 March 2018