Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior ICT Helpdesk Officer
Some places just offer more of what really counts and the South Taranaki District is a perfect example. Our district has some of the most spectacular scenery in the world - wedged between Mt Taranaki's majestic mountain and the rugged coastline of the Tasman Sea - the region boasts outdoor pursuits to satisfy even the most active individual and is alive with opportunities.
The position of Senior ICT Helpdesk Officer is a key position within the IT Unit and its key purpose is to:
- Manage the helpdesk function to the satisfaction of the customers and ensure regular reporting and surveys to identify improvements
- To give exemplary customer service by responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- Identify and escalate situations requiring attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Capacity planning of the helpdesk to grow and maintain first level support
- Provide and manage a plan for desktop asset life cycle
- Assist with training staff on how to use their desktop and other basic applications
Experience with a Microsoft environment and computer literacy on current Windows versions is essential, as is an ability to communicate, provide outstanding customer service and to work as part of a team.
The position interacts with all the IT users through the Help Desk and works across our IT network that spans several remote sites within the South Taranaki district.
Previous experience in a customer services environment (ICT Helpdesk) is desirable as is a working knowledge of fundamental operations relating to software, hardware and other equipment. Equally important is a willingness to learn and the flexibility to adapt quickly to technology changes. A current driver's licence is essential.
The South Taranaki District Council offers a proven "Best Place to Work" environment and the chance to join an energetic, progressive organisation. We encourage innovation, employee leadership development and you will be working with a dynamic and motivated team.
If this role appeals to you, head over to our website www.southtaranaki.com where you can access the background information and job description for the role. If submitting an application, please ensure you provide a covering letter outlining your skills and experience for the role along with your most current CV.
Applications close when a suitable candidate has been appointed to the role.
To apply for this job go to: www.southtaranaki.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4949165.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 4949165
Location: South Taranaki