Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Engineer | Wastewater & Stormwater Networks
- An opportunity to shape the district you live in
- Strategic planning of wastewater & stormwater networks
- Enjoy the unique mix of coastal, mountain & urban lifestyle that New Plymouth offers
Join a forward-thinking Council that’s leading the way with its integrated infrastructure planning, and have a meaningful, direct impact through your work.
New Plymouth District Council’s vision is to build a lifestyle capital by putting people first, caring for our place and supporting a prosperous community. Key to achieving this vision is having well-functioning infrastructure that meets the current and future requirements of the district. That’s where you come in! We’re looking for an experienced Engineer to lead the planning of our long-term wastewater and stormwater infrastructure.
- Prepare strategic plans for the long-term development of wastewater and stormwater infrastructure that aligns with the direction set in the District Plan.
- Manage the delivery of infrastructure planning and improvement projects including network models, planning for growth areas, inflow & infiltration reduction programmes.
- Work closely with the operations and district planning teams and the community, including iwi, to identify and prioritise infrastructure development projects and to develop business cases for funding.
- Evaluate the impacts of new developments and provide feedback and recommendations.
- Act as translator between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in water & wastewater engineering and project engineering/management.
- Good technical understanding of wastewater reticulation and hydraulic modelling, preferably with some prior experience using InfoWorks ICM.
- Can lead delivery and manage project teams and consultants.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
If you bring relevant experience and would enjoy the challenge of this role, we’d like to hear from you.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: AGAL045474
Location: Taranaki, New Plymouth
Closing Date: Applications close 26 January 2020