Senior Development Engineer
Permanent Full Time
Working within the regulatory department, you will be a key link between the Council's infrastructure and the resource consent teams, as well as developers and their agents providing engineering advice on resource consent applications for subdivisions and land developments. You will assess engineering plans, assist in ensuring appropriate engineering conditions are included in resource consents and undertake audit and compliance inspections on infrastructure works undertaken by developers to ensure assets vested in Council through subdivision and development meet Council's requirements.
This is a full-time position based in Paraparaumu.
The ideal candidate will have the following prerequisites:
- AIPENZ or BEng Tech, BEng (Civil), NZCE (Civil) or NZCE/REA, or equivalent
- Previous design and/or construction experience in subdivision developments with understanding of sustainable development principles
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of engineering plans, engineering construction standards, specifications ;and contract documentation, contract supervision/administration
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints
- Excellent customer/public relation skills and ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Knowledge of the Resource Management Act is advantageous
Applicants will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including police, criminal history and credit checks.
Further information about the position and application documents are published on our website at www.kapiticoast.govt.nz
Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12 noon Monday, 10 July 2017.
Location: Kapiti Coast
Closing Date: Applications close 12 noon Monday, 10 July 2017.