Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Compliance Officer
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join our amazing Planning and Regulatory team here in Opotiki. A role like this offers the opportunity to enhance or deepen your experience to date.
If you are ready for your next career move and have experience and enjoy variety, this role will be a smart move.
Design your lifestyle in Ōpōtiki
Ōpōtiki is a small district that is in a period of growth. We can offer you a change in lifestyle, on one of the most beautiful coastal areas of New Zealand, where you can work and play and you’ll have a hand in shaping its future. So why not design that lifestyle including your work? We can offer flexible working and/or part-time may be considered.
What you’ll bring to the team
We are looking for someone who is adaptable, has excellent relationship and communication skills and can bring with their experience an ability to see the bigger picture as they navigate the world of compliance, in a mature and co-operative manner.
As well as the personal attributes described above, you will:
- Demonstrable experience within a compliance or enforcement role (s)
- Adaptable and can navigate a constantly changing work environment
- Uses sound judgement that demonstrates fair and just outcomes
- Excellent relationship and communication skills and ideally with competency in negotiation and where needed enable conflict resolution.
- Understands the NZ Building Code and Building Act 2004 as applicable to residential swimming pool fencing
- Working knowledge of legal processes and legislation including the Summary Proceedings Act
- Technology savvy and able to use a wider range of applications
- A current NZ driver licence as field work is required.
- NZ citizenship, residency or a valid NZ work permit
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Gerard McCormack, Planning and Regulatory Group Manager, 07 315 3030
For a position description and to apply online please visit the Opotiki District Council website Senior Compliance Officer - Ōpōtiki District Council (odc.govt.nz)
Applications close 19 April 2021 at 4.00 pm.