Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Civil Engineer - Transport
Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
The Senior Civil Engineer – Transport is responsible for applying technical solutions to the Council’s transportation/roading projects, ‘Way to Go’ and/or other partnership programmes1 and 3 Waters infrastructure projects (as required). Assist with developing works programmes for the AP & LTP through investigations and business case scoping. Manage the scoping of capital projects in the Queenstown Lakes District in accordance with the Better Business Case process, approved budgets and project objectives.
The successful candidate will hold:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge and experience with the application of project management methodologies (eg PMBOK, Prince2)
- Strong technical, analytical, verbal and reporting skills
- 8-10 years’ minimum relevant experience within transport planning/design, infrastructure planning/design and project delivery
- Practical experience - risk identification and mitigation, infrastructure planning, design oversight & management
- Experience of transport and infrastructure options assessment, including cost benefits
- Transport/roading and 3 Waters and Better Business Case experience preferable
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Well-developed commercial skills
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Subsidised health insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will also be considered
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/ or feel free to contact Simon Leary – Engineering Manager, to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: Friday, 14 August 2020.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: GZGI046428
Closing Date: Friday, 14 August 2020