Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Catchment Management Officer (Upper Waikato)
We want more good people to come and do great things with us. We love where we live. That's why we work so hard to look after our region and the people who live and work in the Waikato region.
Customers sit at the heart of everything we do, and all staff have an important role to play in the delivery of exceptional customer service.
Our work is as diverse as the region we care for; from the tip of the Coromandel Peninsula to the slopes of Ruapehu. We have ambitious goals and there are some tricky issues, but that's what makes it so interesting.
Our Catchment Management Officers enjoy working with people; have a real interest in promoting sustainable land use and protecting and enhancing the natural environment. This role focuses on building partnerships with landowners and stakeholders on projects relating to soil conservation, water quality and biodiversity protection and enhancement.
If you have a solid background in land management, erosion control, riparian management or bio-diversity protection and enjoy building strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and working with farmers and iwi, then this could be the perfect job for you.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and preferably a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Significant experience in erosion control, including, a practical understanding of land use capability, land management and natural resource management.
- Experience in managing and delivering restoration projects, including weed control, native planting and maintenance requirements.
- Knowledge of farm systems and experience in producing environmentally focussed property or restoration plans.
- Proven track record in collaborative work and building partnerships.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and planning skills
- Be organised and self-motivated.
Looking for flexible ways of working options, at Waikato Regional Council we are committed to working more creatively to 'get work done' in a way that is of mutual benefit to you, the organisation and our communities.