Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Building Inspector / Training Co-ordinator
Whanganui is a bustling and thriving community that is united, connected, creative, environmentally, and culturally rich, and economically prosperous. We are comfortable with being a ‘bit different’ and not following the pack because this sets the scene for the types of innovative approaches that we will continue to front-foot.
With strong growth in the region and with an eye on the future we have identified the need for an individual with good knowledge of the building industry, the NZ Building Act and Building Code. This is a new role with responsibilities to take care of the development of cadets and ensure compliance with Building Consents Authorities Quality Assurance System regulations. You will join a team of professionals who are positive and excited about the growth of their region. Sound like you?
- Develop and deliver high quality training and development programs for cadets and other technical staff.
- Mentor and develop cadet staff ensuring they are supported through the diploma qualification process.
- Maintain the BCA’s Quality Assurance system and complete annual audits.
- Undertake on site building inspections and ensure compliance with the NZ Building Act and Building Code.
- Database management to ensure building consents are accurate, recorded and kept up to date.
- Provide technical advice and information on the building consent and compliance processes.
- Contribute to the long-term Annual Planning Process.
- Proven experience in the building industry and/or knowledge of building codes, regulations, and associated building trades.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, mentoring and developing people.
- Able to work under pressure, assess priorities and meet set deadlines.
- Able to grasp new ideas quickly, be flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Hold a qualification in the field of building design, construction or similar at NZQA framework level 6 or above.
- Understanding and knowledge of the legislative requirements of Building Consent Authorities regulations.
Click Apply Now or to find out more, contact Fiona Clarke on 027 688 8837.
Applications close on 14 February 2023. We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received. Your application will be received in confidence.
Whanganui District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.