Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Analyst | Business Transformation, Investment & Planning
Do you enjoy working with people across an organisation to draw information out and facilitate decision making and progress? Do you relish operating in the shades of grey and applying your critical thinking and problem-solving skills? This newly created Senior Analyst position in Taupō District Council’s Project Management Office (PMO) may be just what you’re after.
You’ll be supporting Taupō District Council as it navigates complex business change resulting from Three Waters, Resource Management and other reforms. In addition, you’ll contribute to long-term and annual planning processes. There is opportunity in this role to make a real difference and deliver for the community. Also, to work in a forward thinking and flexible organisation with a great team.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager to support Council through complex business change resulting from government reforms.
- Identify opportunities to refine services, systems and processes and deliver enhanced value to our communities post-reform.
- Support the preparation of robust Long Term and Annual Plans, assisting Asset Managers to develop project proposals and business cases.
- Build relationships and collaborate with leaders and subject matter experts across Council to understand business requirements and facilitate decision-making and progress.
- Tertiary qualification in Business or a related field (eg., Policy, Finance, Law) and at least 5 years’ related experience.
- Ideally have worked in (or consulted to) local or central government.
- Ideally have prior experience in business process mapping; interpretation of legislation or policy; or business case development.
- Able to quickly grasp new technical information.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking skills, adaptable and pragmatic, able to operate in shades of grey.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Enjoy Taupō’s easy lifestyle; leave work and swim in the pristine lake on our doorstep, take the family mountain biking, or walk along our beautiful & peaceful trails. We offer a range of benefits that staff can access that focus on supporting you and your family to live the life you choose.
Click Apply Now or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831.
We encourage you to apply promptly as we will progress applications as they are received. Your application will be received in confidence.
Taupo District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BH399a
Location: Waikato, Cambridge, Hamilton City, Hauraki, Mangakino, Matamata-Piako, Otorohanga, South Waikato, Taupo, Thames-Coromandel, Turangi, Waikato District, Waikato Regional Council, Waipa, Waitomo
Closing Date: Applications close 10 February 2023