Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Advisor - Transport
Can you see the bigger picture, identify opportunities, build constructive relationships and make things happen?
This role focuses on providing secretariat and executive support to local government transport forums in Canterbury. The Senior Advisor – Transport will support the Regional Transport Committee members and transport staff to set direction and implement the Regional Land Transport Plan and an associated work programme. In this role you will engage directly with Mayors, Canterbury Councillors, Transport Officers and CEs, advising on key regional transport matters and supporting their engagement and advocacy with Ministers and central government agencies.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Bring a strong relationship focus to our work with central government, Ngāi Tahu and other partners and stakeholders
- Can identify and advise on current and future issues related to the regional transport in Canterbury
- Can focus both on strategic issues and the detail of ensuring meetings run well
- Have strong written skills and experience in providing advice in plain English
- An understanding of the machinery of local government and how Councils seek Waka Kotahi investment in their transport network is preferred.
Bringing Better Business Case, project or programme management, and quantitative analysis and modelling skills will be an advantage, but we will consider a diverse range of skillsets for this position.
The role will be part of the Strategic Programmes Team, who support strategic thinking on portfolios and programmes across Environment Canterbury’s work on resilience, climate change, transport, urban development, and air quality. We offer flexible working, a competitive salary, professional development and other great benefits such as income protection and life insurance cover, discounted medical insurance, wellbeing and diversity initiatives, and purpose-built central city premises.
Due to delays caused by the holiday period, applications will be accepted for an extended period and we plan to interview for this position late January/early February.