Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
The Western Bay of Plenty is a district of urban townships and rural environments, and along with Tauranga City there has been strong growth in the area which is ongoing. The Transportation team are busy and with lots happening in the sub-region we need to add a senior level Roading Engineer to the team. We need your expertise in operations, maintenance and project management to help deliver and maintain our roading network. This role offers career development with a forward-thinking council that has a great vision for the future.
- Supervise and provide technical advice on the community roading programme
- Represent Council on roading and other matters at community board meetings.
- Manage relationships with community boards groups.
- Work with stakeholders to manage and resolve roading issues.
- Provide technical advice and manage the delivery of regulations, bylaws and community projects.
- Manage the day-to-day operational planning and delivery of roading projects
- Provide input to the long-term plans to achieve affordable and progressive outcomes.
- Provide advice on the operational, policy plans, and keep up to date with legislative changes.
- Assist in the preparation of activity and asset management plans.
- Big picture thinking with a detailed approach.
- Dip. Civil Eng or BEng Civil or equivalent qualification in a related discipline.
- Ideally 5 to 10 years’ experience in Infrastructure or Roading Delivery.
- Knowledge of local government and transport legislation.
- Ideally 3 years plus in a local council environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent multi-disciplinary civil engineering technical and/or practical knowledge.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with the ability to assist delivery of projects.
- A Temporary Traffic Management Level 1 STMS qualification.
What we offer
- A competitive employment package - including subsidised medical insurance.
- Five weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work arrangements and a pet friendly work environment.
- Free onsite parking.
- Sick leave on commencement of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Access to wellbeing resources and workplace support.
- Assistance to relocate to the area.
The Western Bay of Plenty District Council is a dynamic organisation, known for being a supportive, fun, and a family friendly place to work. Live, work and play has real meaning here. Urban areas with some set on stunning coastlines and in rural environments surrounded by lush forest; this region truly is a piece of paradise.
Click Apply Now or to find out more, contact Fiona Clarke on 027 688 8837.
Applications close on 13 October 2022. We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received. Your application will be received in confidence.
WBOPDC has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.