Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Resource Consents Planner
The Central Hawke’s Bay District Council is a Local Authority in the thriving Hawke’s Bay Region, situated in Waipawa approximately 40km south of Hastings. We are committed to providing a great place to work, that values diversity and inclusion, and develops skilled people who can lead our community to thrive.
We are now seeking a Resource Consents Planner to join our consents team. This is an exciting role for planners who are keen to work in a growing and changing environment. We have a new District Plan currently in the draft phase and as part of a small team, you will be challenged with a variety of opportunities daily.
Reporting to the Customer and Consents Manager, this role is accountable for resource consenting, subdivision consents, providing planning advice to the public and ongoing monitoring. This role would suit a planner with at least 3 years’ experience. You may be a planner looking to step up in to a senior role, or a successful and experienced practitioner looking for a change of pace.
This role is ideally full-time (40 hours per week) Monday to Friday, but we would also consider supporting flexible working hours for the right candidate.
The main tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Resource and subdivision consenting
- Provision of planning advice to the public and applicants
- Understanding and implementing the District Plan
- Training and mentoring up and coming staff
- Upkeep of our practices with current legislation and policy
- Working with the Customer and Consents Manager to develop policies and templates
- A relevant qualification in planning or environmental management
- Membership of the NZPI is preferable but not essential
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of people
- Excellent communication skills
- A current Driver’s Licence
To be successful in this role, you will also need to share the Council’s THRIVE values and its commitment to customer excellence and smarter thinking.
With a thriving district and strong connected community, Central Hawke’s Bay is in a period of exciting growth and development. With some of the best beaches, fishing and diving spots, water sports, cycling, family friendly places and events, and so much more, there are plenty of great reasons to consider shifting to Central Hawke’s Bay.
Please include your CV and Cover Letter with your application. Applications for this role can be made via Seek and close Sunday 06 January 2019.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: LHAL843218
Location: Central Hawkes Bay
Closing Date: Sunday, 6 January 2019