Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Regional Development Manager
- Lead the integration of transport and land use planning, urban growth and economic development initiatives for the Bay of Plenty
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with key partners to deliver our vision and outcomes
- Make a significant and positive difference to our communities
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council is responsible for land, air and water as well as public transport. A major focus of our work involves looking after the environment. We manage the effects of people’s use of freshwater, land, air and coastal water. However, we also have a broader responsibility with others for the economic, social and cultural well-being of the regional community.
Reporting to the General Manager of Strategy and Science, this is a fantastic opportunity to bring your strong leadership capability to this high performing, collaborative and supportive team which includes Urban and Transport Planning and Regional Economic Development. This role is a key member of the Strategy and Science Leadership team and focusses on:
- Providing leadership and increased integration between urban growth, transport planning and economic development;
- Engaging with partners and other key stakeholders in the region to develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships;
- Providing collaborative and strategic leadership, advice, reports and recommendations in transport, urban and economic growth to Councillors and the community;
- Developing and implementing work programmes to deliver on key Council priority areas.
The skills and personal attributes we look for are:
- A person who thrives on the opportunity to lead and influence in a diverse setting;
- A ‘connector’ who is passionate about building relationships with key stakeholders;
- Significant experience in leading teams to achieve positive outcomes;
- A relevant bachelor degree and technical knowledge and experience in environmental planning, resource management and sustainable management principles;
- A ‘big picture’ and strategic thinker;
- Experience working within Local Government would be an advantage.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council has a reputation for being one of NZ’s most progressive regional councils. People like working for us because we offer the following:
- Competitive remuneration.
- Challenge and job satisfaction.
- The opportunity to make a significant positive difference to our communities.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
With offices based in Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatāne, Bay of Plenty Regional Council offers the work/life balance dreams are made of. Highlights include:
- NZ's favourite beach is a maximum of 1.5 hours from our offices.
- Recreational lakes within an hour’s travel from each of our offices.
- A region that covers some of NZ's most beautiful countryside.
The salary for this position ranges from $122,966 - $144,666 per annum.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about leading a diverse team and looking for a career where you can make a real difference, we would love to hear from you. Please click APPLY NOW, or for a confidential discussion you are welcome to contact Namouta Poutasi, General Manager of Strategy and Science on 0800 884 881 x 8141 or 021 289 8380.
You can also check out our careers website at https://www.boprc.govt.nz/your-council/contact-us/careers-with-us
NB: To apply for this job, you must have the legal right to be able to work in New Zealand and also a current, valid driver’s licence.
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 11 December 2019 and will only be accepted online.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 2019-063
Location: Bay of Plenty Regional Council, Tauranga
Closing Date: 5pm, Wednesday 11 December 2019