Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Fixed-term (three years) full-time
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Project Management Office team, you will be primarily responsible for implementing various projects across Council delivering on the 2018 Council Long Term Plan. The work programme includes delivering civil infrastructure projects including design, consenting, procurement, construction and handover. There may also be various other organisational projects or programmes of work that form part of the project management work program. Furthermore, in this role you will prepare and present programme and project reports and presentations to the programme steering group, Committees, Community Boards and Council.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective professional working relationships and work effectively as part of a team
- experience in effective project and contract management and administration
- self-motivated and well organised approach to work and the ability to maintain focus on priorities to meet deadlines
- commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation
- commitment to team objectives and willingness to support others to achieve team priorities
- excellent communications skills, both written and oral including report writing
- relevant Engineering qualification and/or experience
- holder of a current and valid NZ driver's licence.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Michelle Parnell, Infrastructure Programme Delivery Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Further information about the position and application documents are published on our website at https://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/
Applications close 12.00 noon Wednesday, 20 November 2019.
Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: KGAM945233
Location: Kapiti Coast
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019