Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Project Manager | Climate Resilience
- Three Years Fixed Term
If you’re looking for job interest and challenge and would enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that goes hand-in-hand with the Otago environment of rugged coastlines, spectacular mountains and alpine lakes, this position could be right for you.
Otago Regional Council manages the land, air and water resources across the region, providing flood and natural hazard protection and response on behalf of communities across Central Otago, Clutha, Waitaki, Queenstown Lakes and Dunedin City. Otago is a region with complex river systems from mountain headwaters to coastal mouths. To meet the challenges of climate change and pressure on critical infrastructure, a forward-thinking approach is required. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Project Manager to assist in the delivery of infrastructure projects related to flood protection and land drainage schemes, coastal protection, and river management.
- Support the delivery of infrastructure projects and contracts in a project management and engineering capacity.
- Contribute your engineering knowledge to develop solutions and progress works in alignment with stakeholder and compliance requirements.
- Provide project management support across all stages of project delivery. Includes scheduling, reporting, risk and budget management.
- Contribute to the selection and leadership of project teams. Includes engaging and overseeing consultants and contractors, and putting in place, administering contracts.
- A tertiary qualification and 3+ years’ experience in Civil or Environmental Engineering ideally with prior project or contract management experience working in a local government, consulting or main contractor setting.
- Ideally be working toward a Prince2 or PMP qualification, although this is not essential.
- Strong organisational skills, a focus on delivery and achieving outcomes, collaborative work style, and customer focus.
Click Apply Now or to find out more, contact Vivienne Torr on 027 688 8834 in confidence.
Applications close Monday 27th September 2021.
Otago Regional Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
Permanent Full Time, Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: IDAJ148941
Location: Otago, Central Otago, Clutha, Dunedin, Otago Regional, Queenstown Lakes, Waitaki, Queenstown, Queenstown Events Centre, Wanaka, Arrowtown, Glenorchy, Makarora, Kingston, Hawea, Balclutha
Closing Date: Monday 27 September 2021