Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Project Engineer - Utilities
Manawatu District Council (MDC) has an engineering opportunity within the Utilities Management Team contributing to successful delivery of key major projects and capital programmes across both the Manawatu and Rangitikei districts.
Manawatu District Council has a shared services arrangement with Rangitikei District Council for the provision and management of Infrastructure within the two districts. We have a commitment towards a collaborative working environment, capable of delivering a wide range of engineering services with expert technical skills and proficient contract and management expertise.
We are seeking applicants who have:
- A Bachelor of Civil Engineering or equivalent professional qualification (i.e. CPEng) or NZ Diploma in Engineering (Civil)
- 5 years' plus experience in Local Government Engineering and project management
- Contract and/or project management in a commercial environment
- Working under a wide range of contract conditions
- Working with utility networks
- Ability to engage stakeholders (internal and external)
- Other skills and experience that is directly relatable to civil engineering in a local government environment
This is an ideal opportunity to use your previous experience and play a key role in the team delivering 3 waters services to the community.
We provide on-going professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.