Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Opportunity to work in a small Council & have high community impact
- Enjoy a more relaxed & rural way of life
- Variety of day-to-day work + professional challenges
Are you looking to have a meaningful and direct impact through your work, plus to restore work-life balance and have time and energy to do what you love outside of work? This opportunity will enable you to do both!
South Waikato is a great choice whether you’re seeking a quieter, more rural environment, a greater sense of community, or the chance to get out and enjoy fantastic rural villages, river and bush walks, water sports, hunting or fishing.
At South Waikato District Council, we’re proud to live in and work for our community. Our vision is for every person living in South Waikato to be healthy, thriving, safe and vibrant living in a sustainable community and environment. Key to achieving this vision is having infrastructure and community facilities that meet the current and future requirements of the district. That’s where you come in!
- Prepare Council’s infrastructure Capex programme working closely with stakeholders to identify and prioritise capital projects and secure funding. The projects will be diverse from roading and 3-waters infrastructure to community facilities such as swimming pools, skateparks, libraries.
- Lead a team of four Project Managers, providing direction and support and motivating and enabling the team to deliver.
- Work closely with stakeholders and Project Managers to steer delivery of projects from planning through consenting, design and construction.
- Monitor and report on programme and project delivery and performance with robust project controls and financial oversight in place.
- Provide leadership within Council to improve project and contract management practices.
- Engage with the community and form collaborative working relationships within Council and with contractors, consultants, regulatory bodies.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Project Management and 7+ years’ experience managing infrastructure or facilities-related projects/programmes.
- Ideally have experience working in a local government setting.
- A tactful, diplomatic style of leadership, strong customer focus, and high professional standards and initiative.
This position is located in our main office in Tokoroa, the largest town in South Waikato and an easy commute from Tirau, Putaruru and Arapuni if you prefer more rural or village environments. If you’re looking to return to New Zealand or to the region, South Waikato District Council can offer practical support and some financial assistance. If you currently live in New Zealand but are not yet a NZ resident, South Waikato District Council can support you in your visa & residency applications.
Click Apply to register your interest, or for more information contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence.
Applications close 27 June 2021.
South Waikato District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
firstname.lastname@example.org | excellence in technical recruitment | www.peakrecruitment.co.nz