Permanent Full Time
Are you looking for a challenge and an excellent opportunity to join a multi award winning organisation? Come and join us at the Western Bay of Plenty District Council. We will offer you challenges, variety, complexity and the opportunity for career achievements.
Procurement at Council is about adding value; supporting our key stakeholders and community to help develop our unique region.
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist to help facilitate the strategic sourcing activity, robust category management, and supplier performance management for the organisation.
You will champion our procure to pay practice, deliver best value outcomes and best practice procurement.
To be effective in this role you will have the following experience and attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification /a CIPS qualification or similar
- At least five years' experience within a procurement function leading initiatives across a range of spend categories
- Proven stakeholder engagement and business partnering experience in a complex business environment
- Experience managing the contract life cycle from inception to completion and review
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi task and manage time effectively
- Strong computer skills
You will be action oriented, flexible, reliable, and possess an inherent customer-centric approach. A collaborative style is key to this role, yet you'll also need to be decisive and confident.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
For further information please call Mary Forrest or Kim Rahiri in our Human Resources team, 07 571 8008.
Applications on-going (vacancy will remain open until filled).
Location: Bay of Plenty, Western Bay of Plenty
Closing Date: Vacancy will remain open until filled.