Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Tauranga is well on the way on its journey to become a talented and innovative city full of opportunity; a city with heart and soul; and a city of great spaces, places and environments. The Council's long term plan guides us to achieve this vision, and our people will be the driving force to make it happen.
Tauranga City is experiencing significant growth, which is in turn creating significant planning, urban form and transport challenges. Tauranga City Council has a range of exciting opportunities available to join the City & Infrastructure Planning Team, within the Strategy & Growth Group, to contribute to solutions for these challenges.
This role is complex, challenging and varied, offering excellent opportunities for personal and professional development. You will be joining an experienced team with a busy work programme for the coming years, focused on:
- new community planning
- residential intensification
- multi-modal transport planning
- partnering with the government, other councils and a range of key stakeholders.
To be successful in this position, the following skills, knowledge and experience are required:
- An understanding of urban growth issues
- Proven experience in planning and policy development under the RMA
- Experience in undertaking or contributing to monitoring research, analysis and advice
- An understanding about working with stakeholder and community groups on planning related issues
- Record of quality, professional outputs in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to clarify objectives, identify key issues, and consider all perspectives.
If the above sounds like you, please apply now.
Applications for this role close on 21 May 2021.