Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Policy and Consent Planning Officer
Design your lifestyle in Ōpōtiki
Ōpōtiki is a small district that is in a period of growth. We have a Policy and Consent Planning Officer role which could suit a range of people - whether you are just starting out or have a depth of experience.
We can offer you a change in lifestyle, on one of the most beautiful coastal areas of New Zealand, where you can work and play and you’ll have a hand in shaping. So why not design that lifestyle including your work? We can offer flexible working and/or part-time may be considered.
Our focus is to provide a career opportunity for someone who loves to learn, is self-motivated, customer orientated and believes sharing knowledge is key to team success. We can offer the benefit of working in a smaller Council where the scope, variety and breadth of work, will suit your career stage, and the variety we have, you won’t get anywhere else. We are a one stop shop.
So whether you are recently qualified, looking to take the leap in and learn a lot and get broad experience, or a senior planner who is looking for variety and autonomy, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll bring to the team
As well as the personal attributes described above, you will:
- Have a planning qualification, or other relevant qualification preferably with proven experience in a similar role
- Have an approach which will ensure understanding of all customers, stakeholders and their desired outcomes
- Be able to accurately interpret and apply legislation and policy
- Are results orientated, completing a variety of work with excellent time management skills
- Have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, and have a solutions orientation
- A current NZ driver licence as some field work is required.
- NZ citizenship, residency or a valid NZ work permit
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Gerard McCormack, Planning and Regulatory Group Manager, 07 315 3030
Please visit our website for more information and to apply for this role at Policy and Consents Planning Officer - Ōpōtiki District Council (odc.govt.nz)
Applications close 19 April 2021 at 4.00 pm.