Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Interesting and challenging work
- Career opportunity
- Great lifestyle
As the result of a move within the team, we are seeking a fixed term Planning Adviser to join our growing professional team through to the end of June 2021. You will have the opportunity to work across a broad range of resource management issues, including air quality, iwi, biodiversity, landscape, growth and development, hazards, coastal, freshwater and open space.
Our current focus is on the further development of the Nelson Plan, a truly integrated second generation resource management plan, which includes the exciting development of an ePlan.
Your experience working with the Resource Management Act will complement your written and verbal communication skills and ability to work autonomously. You will actively engage with the Nelson community and present clear information and feedback to Council.
This challenging role will extend your policy development and resource management expertise.
If you would like to see the impact of your work, and you meet the competencies listed below, this could be the role for you! Please clearly articulate in your cover letter how your experience to date is directly related to the competencies required for this role.
- Experience in policy analysis, resource management and plan writing
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach towards public consultation and successfully applied public engagement methodologies
- Sound understanding of planning/resource management/bylaws, frameworks and practice in New Zealand
- Good communication and relationship management skills
- Personal prioritisation and time management skills
- Project management experience
- Hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g. resource management, planning)
- Membership of NZPI is desirable.
We are a flexible employer with a diverse workforce.
“Working together to make Nelson an even better place.”
Nelson City Council is an organisation filled with supportive people who love this beautiful city of ours. It’s an exciting time to live, work and play in Nelson, as the city continues to grow and thrive. We have great schools, amazing weather and a gorgeous natural environment to play in, and our city always has something going on. From major events or just a general buzz in town, it’s a great place for all ages.
Applications close: midnight Monday 2 September 2019.
For more information about the role, please contact: Matt Heale, Manager Environmental Planning on 03 539 5506.
Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: CHJ010020
Closing Date: Monday, 2 September 2019