Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Organisation Performance & Policy Analyst
Are you passionate and supporting a high performing culture? Are you experienced with policy analysis and development, particularly in Local Government?
Whakatāne District Council has an opportunity for an organisation performance and Policy Analyst to develop and implement an organisation-wide performance framework and lead Council's ongoing accreditation in Local Government excellence programmes. Working as part of a small team of strategy experts, the role is also focused on supporting the development and review of Council policies, analysing and preparing submissions, and contributing to Council strategic reports. This role requires an analytical mind that can understand and interpret data to ensure we continue to perform, drive improvement initiatives and support our people with service delivery to meet current and future service demands and community needs.
We're looking for someone with:
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A focus on solutions and continuous improvement of processes
- Above all else, a sense of humour and good teamwork skills
What will you bring?
- Relevant tertiary degree in management or commerce, with a recognised postgraduate specialisation in a related business improvement and/or project management field desirable.
- Previous Local Government Experience and understanding of Local Government operational environments.
- Demonstrated implementing business excellence and/or process change initiatives, and knowledge of and experience working with business performance monitoring and reporting.
What can we offer you?
We are proud of our passionate hard-working staff and the services we deliver to our community. In return for your skills and experience, we will offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a passion for professional development.
The Whakatāne District is recognised as a place of choice for people to live, work and play. We're blessed with breath-taking landscapes, rich culture and plenty of sunshine. With pristine and desirable beaches, harbours, rivers, and forests, Whakatāne offers a thriving urban hub within close proximity to other main centres. With a world in turmoil, come and join us, take a breath and find more life in life
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Cashy Ball, Manager Strategy, or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.
Applications close Wednesday 19 May 2021
To apply for this job go to: https://whakatanecareers.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5471633.