Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Online Strategy & Communications Advisor
Te wero – The challenge
Our online specialist is taking up a new position in the organisation, so we are looking for a dynamic leader to manage and develop our online communication channels.
This key role in our Communications Team mainly involves:
- Managing the content of our website www.fndc.govt.nz, intranet and social media channels in accordance with Council policy and objectives, legal obligations and the need to keep communities informed
- Developing online strategies and plans to support Council business objectives, including our Customer Experience Programme which aims to improve the services we deliver to customers
- Mentoring and advising content owners and web editors and providing training where necessary
Mō koe – About you
We are looking for a skilled communicator and charismatic people leader. Ideally, you will have:
- At least five years’ experience in communications, media, public relations or journalism
- A qualification in one or more of the following: communications, media, public relations or journalism
- Communications experience in local government
- The ability to lead, mentor and coach a team
- Advanced written communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to make sound decisions
- Well-developed analytical and report writing skills
- The ability to relate to a wide range of people
- A current driver’s license
If you believe you have the right attitude and relevant experience and are committed to serving Far North communities, we would like to hear from you!
Tā mātou āroha – What we offer
Far North District Council is a progressive organisation that is committed to creating great places and supporting our people.
The salary for this position is Grade 16 within Council's salary structure ($74,491 - $87,636 per annum) dependent on qualifications and experience, plus Kiwi Saver. We offer you flexible work arrangements and the chance to enjoy a lifestyle only the Far North district can provide.
You will also be given all the tools of the trade you need to hit the ground running including a laptop, mobile phone and professional development plan to ensure your ongoing growth and success within the organisation.
Positions like this don't come along often, so don't wait - apply now!
Creating Great Places, Supporting our People
Permanent Full Time
Job no: FNDC43043
Location: Northland, Far North
Closing Date: Wednesday, 29 January 2020