Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Manager Resource Consents
Are you seeking a new challenge that will maximise your skills and experience in the planning industry? Whakatane District Council is looking for a committed, professional and self-motivated manager to lead its Resource Consent team and deliver outstanding results for the organisation.
Reporting to the General Manager Planning and Infrastructure, you will manage a team of planners, providing leadership, guidance and technical expertise. Initiating continuous improvement systems and driving a strong ethic of customer-service delivery within your team are essential expectations of this role.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A relevant degree in Resource Management or Planning, or related area
- At least eight years' experience in local government, preferably in a management role
- Excellent time management skills and sound research methodologies
- A demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and coordinate a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong stakeholder relationship capabilities, especially with iwi
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
This role will provide challenge and variety with the opportunity to make a difference in our community. Join our dynamic and progressive workplace that strives to support staff to achieve their full potential, and enjoy the wonderful lifestyle in the best place to live, work and play.
To apply for this job go to: http://whakatanecareers.co.nz/ & enter ref code: 4897292. Applications close 25 October 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 4897292
Closing Date: Friday, 25 October 2019