Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Legal Administrator Part Time
- Are you an experienced Administrator?
- Do you have a special interest in law?
- Join a dynamic work environment
We are expanding the Legal Services team and seeking a systems-savvy administrator with a special interest in legal services, to join our team on a part time basis.
In this new role, you’ll provide high quality administrative support to our small and effective Legal Services team, including:
- Being a first point of call for internal legal enquiries
- Being the organisational expert for LawVu (our legal matter management tool)
- Liaising with external law firms
- Coordinating meetings, diaries, schedules, agendas, minutes
- Monitoring deadlines and priorities for attention
- Administration support for in-house legal training
- Co-ordinating legal reporting
- Providing word processing and other document preparation administrative support
- General administration eg: raising purchase orders
- Managing or coordinating special projects
To be successful in this role you will be an effective team player within our small team of four, and work well with staff across Council and external law firms. You’ll have the flexibility to cope with a fast pace and changing priorities, and your proven experience in providing strong administrative and team co-ordination support will complement your great written and verbal communication skills.
Your administration experience will ideally include some exposure to legal services where you have built your knowledge and understanding of the legal context of this team’s work. This may have been in a legal secretary or executive assistant capacity.
Importantly you’ll be able to blow us away with your savvy computer skills, including advanced use of MS Office, and the ability to pick up new systems quickly. You’ll be organised, efficient, have strong attention to detail, and sound judgement and discretion in our Local Government context.
This 20 hour per week role offers flexibility within the Monday – Friday week, so tell us about flexible work pattern you may be seeking.
“Working together to make Nelson an even better place.”
Nelson City Council is an organisation filled with supportive people who love this beautiful city of ours. It’s an exciting time to live, work and play in Nelson, as the city continues to grow and thrive. We have amazing weather and a gorgeous natural environment to play in, and our city always has something going on. From major events or just a general buzz in town, it’s a great place for all ages.
This is an awesome opportunity to use and develop your skills, and to support the Legal Services team in making Nelson an even better place.
For more information about the role, please contact Andrea King, Business Partner People and Capability 03 265 5620
Applications close midnight Monday 19 April 2021.