Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Learn to Swim Instructor
Swimming is an important recreational activity for many New Zealander's, ensuring our community is safe and confident at our lovely pools, beaches and rivers. This is the vision of our Aquatics team.
Our award winning facilities are a great place to work offering a professional, supportive and fun environment focused on delivering this vision to all ages and abilities in our community.
Right now we are looking for experienced Learn to Swim Instructors to join the team responsible for delivering the SwimKapiti water safety and learn to swim programmes.
If you excel at teaching and take pride in creating a positive, safe and fun environment that inspires and motivates students to develop swimming skills, technique and confidence in the water, then we would love to hear from you.
We have permanent, part-time as well as casual Learn to Swim Instructor positions available. Our swim school operates Monday to Saturday between the hours of 7:30am and 7:30pm. The successful candidate will have regular shifts within this period which can be discussed at the time of interviews.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- have proven experience in facilitating aquatic activities
- display high levels of customer service
- hold one of the following qualifications, or have equivalent experience:
- SNZ Swim Teacher Award
- Austswim Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- National Certificate in Rec and Sport Aquatics (Swim Education) Level 3
- have appropriate swimming skills and an understanding of life saving methods
- have the skills necessary to contribute to a positive team environment, to support and uphold the philosophy of Kapiti Coast Aquatics and SwimKapiti's aquatic education.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening and police, criminal history and credit checks.
Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Further information about the position and application documents are published on our website at www.kapiticoast.govt.nz
Applications close 12.00pm Wednesday, 26 February 2020.
Fixed Term Part Time
Job no: BNAM045772
Location: Kapiti Coast
Closing Date: Wednesday, 26 February 2020