Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Land Programme Manager
Land Programme Manager
Permanent Full Time
- Mix of field and office-based work
- Work alongside an experienced and dedicated team
- Contribute to and enhance local communities
We are the carers for Northland's environment and community. Are you one of us?
Applications must be submitted online via www.nrc.govt.nz/jobs.
A few things you should know about Northland Regional Council… we aren't about parking tickets, roading, building consents or any of that stuff! Our work is ultimately about working together to care for our region's incredible environment and many communities, matching our skills and resources with the vision and aspirations of our people.
Toitū te whenua, toitū te moana, toitū te tangata. If the land is well, if the sea is well, the people will thrive.
The opportunity awaits…
Managing a diverse team of land management advisors covering the Northland Region, you will take an overview of the management of our land management activities, ensuring there is a holistic approach across the region and integration with other freshwater related initiatives.
- The diversity of our business makes for a fascinating and challenging range of environmental opportunities. This role focuses on providing strategic and operational leadership and direction for council's land management services.
- This is a senior management position that is responsible for advising and representing council in matters relating to land management and water quality, developing our strategic approach and engaging with our community, tangata whenua, landowners and industry stakeholders to achieve sustainable integrated catchment management outcomes.
Are you up for it?
We are looking for someone who can bring the following to our diverse talent pool:
- Ideally, 5 years' experience in a similar role, managing a large land team with three direct reports.
- A relevant Degree qualification in Environmental Management, Science, Agriculture, Forestry or similar.
- Experience at working in partnership with tangata whenua, landowners and community groups or similar.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework surrounding the management of natural resources.
- Excellent relationship management skills - the ability to build and sustain positive and productive relationships.
We don't just want someone that CAN do the job, we want someone who has the DRIVE to do a GREAT job and has a passion for what our organisation and values stand for. That's why at NRC, we understand that sometimes the right person doesn't ‘tick all the boxes'. If you don't fit the mould exactly, but truly believe you have the experience and vision step into the Land Programme Manager role, then tell us.
What's in it for you?
We'll pay you to do a job you love, and we also care about our staff. Our team has grown a lot over the years, but our small organisation culture is still here. We celebrate our efforts, share wedding/baby pictures, host many shared morning teas, enjoy outings, annual fishing competitions and brunches, and have a lot of fun together. We have an active social club that comes up with great ideas.
We also walk the talk when it comes to flexible working. We have remote workers, home workers, part time workers, condensed weeks and more. We support our staff during the good and hard times, but if you're also interested in the tangible stuff, we have that too - check out our benefits here.
Need more information? If so, contact our Recruitment Advisor today - email@example.com
The work we do really makes a difference and if you are someone who is motivated to contribute to the management of Northland's environment, check out the position description and apply today via www.nrc.govt.nz/jobs.
Applications close on 17th October 2022 and must be submitted online via www.nrc.govt.nz/jobs. reference number 6104930
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency/citizenship or valid NZ work visa.