Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Intermediate / Senior Planner
- Be part of a great team and take your career to the next level
- Fantastic location – Whanganui, the bustling ‘10min City’
- Career development and flexible working practices
Whanganui is a bustling and thriving community that is united, connected, creative, environmentally and culturally rich, and economically prosperous. We are comfortable with being a ‘bit different’ and not following the pack because this sets the scene for the types of innovative approaches that we will continue to front-foot. We are growing and the planning team needs your skills and experience to manage the high workload and see things progressing in our thriving and bustling city. Are you ready to join a team of professionals who are positive and excited about the growth of their region?
- Provide robust planning and consenting advice on large industrial, commercial & residential developments.
- Represent council and RMA interests in pre-applications meetings and hearing meetings.
- Provide sound, expert and robust advice on the Resource Management Act and the District Plan.
- Develop partnerships within the organisation to meet customer needs and demonstrate a ‘customer first’ culture within the team.
- Support and participate in the long term and annual planning processes for Council when required.
- A tertiary qualification in resource management planning or a similar related qualification and eligible for membership of NZPI.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the planning field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be comfortable running pre-application meetings, engaging with the public and presenting at hearing committees.
- Up to date knowledge of the Resource Management Act legislation.
This is a full-time permanent position with an indicative pay range of $71,000 to $90,000 per annum dependent on skills, experience.
Click Apply Now or to find out more, contact Fiona on 027 688 8837.
Applications Close on Monday 6 February 2023. We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.Your application will be received in confidence.
Whanganui District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.