Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Intermediate Consents Planner
Gisborne District Council are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region.
We have an exciting and varied opportunity for an Intermediate Consents Planner to join our busy District Consents Planning Team. The role of the Intermediate Consents Planner includes assisting with the sustainable management of natural and physical resources by supporting the Team Leader to provide a responsive and efficient service processing resource consents for Council.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in planning, resource management or equivalent.
- Appropriate experience processing resource consents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly report writing.
- Sound knowledge of resource management legislation, theory and best practice principles.
- At least 3 years post-graduate work experience in resource management planning or related activities.
- Basic knowledge of working in partnership with tangata whenua or at least a willingness to learn.
Keen to find out more? Great, please apply as soon as possible – we’re looking to move quickly on this. Please submit your CV and cover letter by following the link.
For further information please contact Sarah Hunter.
Applications close by 10am, Wednesday 19 May 2021.
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz
PO Box 747 Gisborne 4040 | PHONE 06 867 2049