Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Intermediate & Senior Resource Consent Planners
- Permanent Full-time opportunities based across the Auckland region
- Work on some of most high-profile developments in New Zealand
- Excellent range of development and training options offered
- Flexible work arrangements
- Competitive salary
Auckland Council is the largest territorial authority in Australasia. Play a part in building a world class Tāmaki Makaurau through your valuable contributions to our fast-growing regulatory division.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic, Senior and Intermediate Planners to join our expanding Resource Consents Department.
You will have opportunities play a part in solving Auckland’s housing crisis and to work on a variety of projects including comprehensive residential and commercial development, urban expansion and regeneration, or sensitive rural and coastal development. You will learn about the wider aspects of the consenting business in the rapidly growing Region.
You will provide accurate professional advice, both verbally and in writing to applicants and the public. Providing advice at pre-application meetings, assessing, and making recommendations on resource consent applications.
We have a number of exciting opportunities across the region as below:
* Senior Planners- In this role you will apply your planning expertise to the assessment of resource consent applications and make recommendations that foster high quality outcomes.
You will also attend Council hearings as a reporting officer and have opportunities to represent Council as an expert witness, to challenges to council decisions.
You will also assist your Team Leader with mentoring and developing junior planners and on occasions be a 2IC for your Team Leader and need to act under delegations to make decisions on some resource consents. (4-7yrs. exp)
* Intermediate Planners- In this role, you will apply your planning expertise to the assessment of resource consent applications and make recommendations that foster high quality outcomes.
You will also attend Council hearings as a reporting officer and may represent Council as an expert witness in court and other court. (2-4 yrs. exp)
* Intermediate Planners (Kāinga Ora)- In this role, you'll deliver high quality outcomes as you work within the dedicated Auckland Housing Programme. The Auckland Housing (Kāinga Ora) Programme has been identified as a high priority, high profile programme of consents. The programme is led by the Premium Resource Consents unit and is key in driving housing delivery (including state, Kiwi-build, and private market) and includes the infrastructure required to support these developments. You’ll help identify consenting risks, mitigation measures and help create business improvement initiatives to drive the Auckland housing programme to achieve its goals and targets. You will have a willingness to experience new types of work to broaden your skillset, taking learnings from previous experience and putting them in to practice and will have the opportunity to attend council hearings as the reporting officer where required (2-4 yrs. exp)
He kōrero mōu: About you
You will bring with you anywhere from 2 to 7 years of planning experience under your belt. You have a tertiary qualification in urban planning, resource management or in a similar field preferably acknowledged by NZPI. With strong working knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991, you’ll have a high level of customer service skills with excellent case management and both written and verbal communication skills.
As these roles may require you to occasionally travel around the region using Council vehicles, you’ll also need to hold a full, clean New Zealand driver’s licence.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
There are endless opportunities to develop your career in planning across the Council group; this position will expose you to a range of specialisations and potential job trajectories. Our Resource Consents department processes more than 17,000 consents annually and facilitates a wide range of development projects, from major subdivisions and nationally significant infrastructure projects to houses, apartment buildings and shopping centres. The opportunities are diverse like no other planning job.
We offer flexible working arrangements and a competitive salary. You’ll be joining a team of dedicated and respected experts working collaboratively across the region to contribute to Auckland’s growth and development. We are committed to diversity, and have a culture built on trust and valuing individual as well as collective contributions. We have positions available in our Henderson, Orewa, Albert Street (Central City), and Manukau hubs.
If you’re passionate about building a brighter future for Auckland like we are, then apply today!
Applications close on Sunday 23rd May 2021. However, please note that early applications are encouraged as interviews will be conducted as and when applications are received – so apply now to avoid disappointment.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Marshal Nazareth at email@example.com
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.