Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Independent Chair - Audit, Risk, and Finance Committee
Expressions of Interest
Independent Chairperson - Kaipara District Council Audit, Risk, and Finance Committee
The Kaipara District Council are seeking Expressions of Interest for the role of Independent Chairperson of the Audit, Risk, and Finance Committee to the end of this current triennium (November 2022).
The Chairpersons role will be to provide independent and expert professional advice to other members of the Committee, and to ensure that all financial matters, including audit (internal and external) are properly and effectively undertaken.
Interested parties must have local government experience, ideally at a senior management level, combined with governance and procurement experience with a range of local government organisations. Familiarity with risk management disciplines (identification, evaluation, mitigation and management) is essential.
The following are also essential:
- Ability to understand and analyse financial reports, including understanding of internal control and assurance;
- Ability to explain technical financial matters in plain English;
- Good understanding of internal and external audit;
- Ability to make long and short term sound analytical and financial decisions based on all information available;
- High business ethics, sound judgement and common sense;
- Ability to think objectively and independently;
- Good business acumen, with appropriate diligence, time, effort and commitment;
- Ability to actively participate as part of the committee and work productively and openly to raise and resolve issues and to achieve results;
- Proven ability to foster and maintain good relationships with the Chief Executive, other committees, management, staff, internal and external auditors;
- Strict confidentiality.
The role will require the successful candidate to attend four meetings per year, which last five hours each. Preparation and reading time will also be required. There may also be additional emergency meetings and other project specific work when required.
Remuneration will be per hour plus preparation/reading time and travel expenses. The successful candidate must be able to travel to meetings in Mangawhai.
For more information please contact Gavin Dawson, Governance Advisor by email on email@example.com or 021 438 805.
To view the job description and apply for this job go to: https://kaiparadc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5335364. Applications close 22 February 2021