Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
HR and Recruitment Advisor
Whanganui District Council has an exciting opportunity for a HR and Recruitment Advisor to join our People and Performance team.
Whanganui offers a great lifestyle including a vibrant arts and cultural scene, fantastic outdoor recreational opportunities with the mountains, national parks, river, and sea all within easy reach. This could be the career and lifestyle opportunity you are looking for.
The HR and Recruitment Advisor is responsible for providing sound advice and supporting our people leaders on all aspects of people management in accordance with best practice and relevant NZ legislation. This will be through on the ground day to day advice, particularly focused on recruitment, as well as supporting people related projects. Council has a wide range of roles which will provide plenty of variety and challenge in your day.
The successful person for this role will thrive in a busy environment, enjoy working as part of a collaborative team and have the ability to identify innovative solutions that meet the needs of the HR team, Council and our community.
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience in HR or a related discipline and be seeking the next step in their career
- strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- good communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships within the team and across Council based on trust, credibility and the delivery of quality work and excellent customer service
- an inclusive and approachable working style
- proven ability to perform well under pressure
- willingness to support and participate in Emergency Management for the wider Council when required
To find out more please review the position description and for specific queries contact Kirsty Milham on 06 349 3062. Only online applications via Whanganui District Council's website will be accepted for this role.
Interested? Please review the position description and apply via our careers site without delay: https://whanganuidc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies
Reference code 6230915
Please note, only applications submitted via our careers page can be considered.
Applications close 12 February 2023