Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health & Safety Business Partner
- Trusted partner within the business, delivering on key Health & Safety Plan outcomes
- Drive improvements and make a real impact
- Work in a flexible, community focussed organisation in the beautiful Coromandel.
About the role
This role sits within the Risk and Assurance Team and is focussed on engaging with the business to deliver the annual Health & Safety Plan, as part of the wider Risk and Assurance Strategy. You will be working closely with teams across council to achieve excellence in H&S risk and hazard management, increasing worker engagement in H&S and promoting excellence in leadership of H&S across the Council.
Working alongside a skilled and experienced team, this is an opportunity to make a real impact within and across the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring TCDC’s obligation as a PCBU are fulfilled
- Promote and facilitate engagement in Health & Safety risk management
- Relationship management with the business, contractors and other key stakeholders
- Planning, reporting and monitoring in support of safety management performance
- Incident investigation management
- Collaboration with and facilitation of stakeholders to deliver continuous improvement
As an experienced Health & Safety professional, you will build strong relationships across the business to bring your key stakeholders on a health & safety improvement journey. A pragmatic approach and the ability to understand the needs of your stakeholders will help you engage the business to deliver H&S key outcomes.
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- 3+ years in a workplace Health & Safety role
- In-depth knowledge of all things Health & Safety (legislation, codes, standards etc)
- Exceptional relationship building skills, including facilitation and collaboration
- Effective written and oral communication skills
Come and work in the Coromandel! The district is renowned for its breath-taking scenery, golden beaches, natural hideaways and remarkable rainforests. This is an opportunity to work within a pivotal role in a great community focused organisation. We are dedicated to building an inclusive team culture, we thrive on agility, promote flexibility, diversity, and deliver high performance.
We offer a range of employee benefits to supporting you and your family to live the life you choose.
Applications close 9.00pm Wednesday 8th February 2023