Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Head of Planning
At Hutt City Council our vision is to build a connected, resilient and inclusive city where all of our people thrive - Kia noho mai tēnei tāone hei pou herenga waka, hei pou herenga kaupapa, hei wāhi whai hua ki hōna iwi.
Our council has set out a bold and ambitious plan for us to achieve. We are facing some new and exciting challenges and this offers our staff unique opportunities to create innovative and positive changes with our communities.
We are reshaping our organisation to enable increased responsiveness to the needs and expectations of our communities, to be flexible in our approach, to meet future demands, to grow our capability, and to create an inclusive and progressive work environment for our staff.
About this role
Reporting to the Director, you will be a key member of the Environment and Sustainability Leadership Team. You will provide strategic direction and leadership across the Resource Consents and District Plan Policy teams and ensure Council has effective services and advice in these areas which positively contribute to the delivery of Council's strategic priorities.
Hutt City Council has started its review of the District Plan, and is currently talking with the community about the high level issues - part of this role is to continue the roll out of the District Plan review.
To be a contender for this opportunity you will need:
- People leadership experience
- Financial/budget management experience and project management experience
- Significant experience in the review, preparation, administration and monitoring of District Plans
- Experience in regulatory planning
- Familiarity with the relationships between the consents process, policy development and interpretation of relevant statutory and policy documents
- Familiarity with national policy directions, current best practice planning and legislative changes
- Understanding and experience dealing with political issues around planning policy and experience in dealing with planning appeals and litigation claims
- Appropriate University tertiary qualifications and full membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute
- Sound understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and/or experience working with local Iwi.
This is your opportunity to be connected to your community. And, there's never been a better time to be a part of the team. If this is the opportunity you've been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you.
For more detail on the opportunity please see the full job description. Applications close Wednesday 21st of April.
To apply please visit:
Hutt City Council is committed to providing a working environment that embraces, values and reflects the diversity of the community it serves.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: DHAN147686
Location: Wellington, Hutt City
Closing Date: Wednesday, 21 April 2021