Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
General Manager - Corporate Services
Creating Great Places, Supporting our People
The Far North District Council is on a transformation journey to become one of the regions most sought after and valued employers – we value manaakitanga, integrity and professionalism in delivering outstanding value to our customers and the community
About the role
We are looking to appoint a motivated and passionate professional to support the council. The mandate is to lead and take ownership of implementing and delivering the organisation’s strategic vision in the following areas:
- financial strategy and performance,
- digital transformation of processes and records,
- review of internal service delivery
- high quality governance and administrative support services to the Mayor, Council and Community Boards.
This role will drive collaboration within the council along with other neighbouring councils and external stakeholder groups with a purpose to strengthen these working relationships.
This key leadership role requires an experienced professional who brings an authentic, visionary and inspirational leadership style to a high performing organisation.
This digital transformation is already underway so you will thrive in an environment that is primed for transformational change.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the passion, ‘mana” and credibility to translate the needs of diverse groups, and then motivate, manage and unify teams to meet these needs. You will possess strong business acumen, a commitment to making our business practices more professional, cost effective and customer focused. Your highly adept communication and relationship building skills will ensure your success within the role.
It is expected that the applicant will have an appropriate financial tertiary qualification or can demonstrate the equivalent experience needed for this senior executive role. Although local government experience is not essential, it will be viewed as highly advantageous.
An honest and open level headed individual who can hold robust conversations at Senior Leadership level will be welcomed.
This is your chance to step into one of the most influential roles of your career; and to make an indelible mark on New Zealand’s Far North.
How to Apply:
- A job description can be obtained and applications can be registered from our career website www.fndc.govt.nz/careers
- This position is based in Kaikohe, Kerikeri and Kaitaia. The current location is Kaikohe.
- The grade applicable to the position is Grade 26 within Councils salary structure
- The Salary is $170,201 to $200,237 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience
- Applications close on Thursday, 20 December 2018
Permanent Full Time
Job no: FNDC42834
Location: Northland, Far North
Closing Date: Thursday, 20 December 2018